Monday, March 5, 2012

Top Ten Tech Tools for the Social Studies (or any) Classroom

Recently I got a question, and while it wasn’t asked quite like this, to put it this way makes me sound like the Technology Integration Dear Abby, and I gotta say folks, I quite fancy that. So here you go . . .

Dear Amy,

If you could only have TEN free technology tools in the Social Studies Classroom, which ten would they be?

Signed,

Technofied in Texas

Dear Technofied,

If I could only have TEN free technology tools, though that would be a vast waste of free resources, I supposed I’d have to pick the following (in no particular order) for maximum class production opportunities. Enjoy!

1. Audacity or Aviary Myna
for creating audio tracks, podcasts, etc.
2. Animoto (sign up for a free, extended educator account here)
for creating videos
3. Google Maps
for creating maps
4. Wix.com or Weebly.com or Google Sites
for creating websites
5. Google Docs and Google Groups
for collaborating
7. Prezi.com (sign up for a free, extended educator account here)
for making beautiful metaphor-rich prezintations
8. Jing Project or Sceenr
for students to make tutorials or show what they know
9. Blogger
for publishing
10. Skype
for communicating, asking for help, working with mentors or with the Granny Cloud


Post a Comment